Things Connected is an initiative by Digital Catapult to support UK businesses using LPWAN technologies. It is a free network intended for the prototyping of new products and services that can benefit from the unique features of LPWAN.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is currently one of the highest growth market sectors with considerable business opportunities.
- This event introduces you and your company to the IoT and provides information as to how IoT LPWAN networks may be commercially exploited.
- This event is targeted at small and medium enterprises that wish to compete in the IoT marketplace.
- We will be hearing from Things Connected challenge owners. RNLI, Vivid Homes and Bournemouth Borough Council. These partner organisations have specific business challenges that may be solved by the application of the IoT.
- We will also explain how you can obtain free access to these networks for non-commercial use.
Commercial Session Who should attend?
- Anybody wishing to expand their knowledge of IoT, understand its potential and how it may apply to your company.
- Those that are interested in hearing about our industry challengers, the challenges they face and what they would like to challenge you with!
- Anybody wishing to attend the afternoon technical session.
Technical Session Who should attend?
- Those interested in or responsible for the technical aspects of IoT within their company
- Those that have enough technical knowledge to write a “Hello World” program
- Those wishing to get some hands-on experience with using the Sigfox Network
- For the Technical Session you will need to bring your own laptop computer.