Barclays Wealth and Investments, Savills, Saffery Champness Accountants and Steele Raymond solicitors addressed a packed room of delegates at a seminar dedicated to looking at the outlook of the national and local property market. The popular event took place at the Vitality Stadium at AFC Bournemouth. Guest speakers opened the event, followed by a panel of experts taking multiple questions from the floor.
Opening the event was John Jones, Head of UK Banking and Credit Origination for Barclays who talked about trends in the market place, gave a summary of property predictor research and of the prosperity index and finished with a brief background to approaching high net worth lending. At Barclays John leads a team of 23 Lending Specialists.
Head of UK Residential Research for Savills, Lucian Cook shared his findings from research in to the market, including overall trends, analysis of emerging growth areas and Savill’s insight into local surrounding areas. Lucian is one of the country’s most authoritative housing market commentators, having been a director in Savills much-respected research team since 2007. At Savills he leads a team of 25 highly respected researchers who collectively cover everything from social housing to the prime markets of central London and development land to residential investment.
Members of the Panel included;
· Saffery Champness Partner, Roger Wareham who specialises in property investment, developers, contractors, agents and advisory businesses across the south coast.
· Chris Twaits, Partner & Head of Commercial Property at Steele Raymond LLP and recognised by The Legal 500 (a key independent guide to the legal profession) as a ‘leading individual’ in commercial property in Dorset and Wiltshire.
· Phillip Beattie, an Associate Director in the Central Southern Development team of Savills, responsible for providing valuations on a wide range of commercial and residential properties and development sites throughout Dorset Hampshire and the South.
The expert panel took numerous questions from the floor, including questions around stamp duty, inheritance tax planning, whether the Government seeks advice from Savills, potential growth in the ‘build to rent’ sector and whether we will see mortgages being transferred to the next generation.
Roger Wareham from Saffery’s commented, “There were lots of interesting and insightful questions asked and much lively debate followed. It was really good to see the trends and themes highlighted locally.”
The Seminar was following by refreshments and networking.
Tuesday 3rd October 2017 – 5pm Arrival and registration (5.30pm start)
Barclays House, 1 Wimborne road, Poole, Dorset BH15 2BB
Barclays are delighted to welcome you to an evening reception to celebrate the completion of the buildings refurbishment and an opportunity to take in the breath-taking panoramic views of the Purbecks and beyond. Barclays, alongside some key partners will be hosting the evening to help explore and discuss 5 vital areas around the advances in digital innovation and what this means for businesses here in Dorset on a global level.
During the event you will have the opportunity to spend 10 minutes at each of the 5 zones:
· Cyber Zone – “Prevention is better than cure” – Cyber safety on a business and personal level.
· Growth Zone – Ready to grow or already experiencing growth, an area to find ideas and options to support scaling up with raw advice from local businesses who have already started the journey.
· Accessibility Zone – are you excluding certain markets, is your business accessible to all? With the help of our accessibility team we will explore the design of products, devices, services and environments in a different way to provide you with insight to take away and reflect on.
· Innovation Zone – Innovation is crucial to the continuing success of any organisation, in this Zone we will be looking at a number of processes such as APIs, The Internet of things, Big data and how this has an impact on life, your business and your customers and clients.
· Eagle Lab – Our Bournemouth Based Eagle Lab will be here to show you what they do and how they can support the community in numerous ways from start up, scale-up to larger corporates.
Presentation / Panel discussion: We will then be joined by some industry leaders for a presentation and panel discussion allowing for Q & A and further networking and drinks
Wednesday 3rd May, anytime between 10am-4pm
We invite you to join us to meet your local Banking Specialists from Barclays. Our event is an opportunity to discuss your financial requirements and future plans and to have your questions answered by our team from Business Banking, Premier Banking, Wealth, Mortgages and Barclay card Merchant Services.
We will also be running A Fraud awareness event between 1pm-2pm, where we will have on hand our Cyber Specialist giving you an understanding of the most common online threats and how to protect yourself from becoming the next victim.
Please RSVP to email@example.com to confirm your attendance at this free event